Urban Exploration : The Beauty of Urban Decay (Vol.02)
Wallpaper Resolution(s) : | 1024*768 | 1280*800 | 1280*1024 | 1440*900 | 1600*1200 | 1680*1050 |
Urban exploration of abandonments:
Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.
Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex or UE) is the examination of the normally unseen or off-limits parts of urban areas or industrial facilities. Urban exploration is also commonly referred to as infiltration, although some people consider infiltration to be more closely associated with the exploration of active or inhabited sites. It may also be referred to as "draining" (when exploring drains) "urban spelunking", "urban caving", or "building hacking".
This is the unspoken rule of urban explorers, who sometimes risk their safety, police records, and even their lives to explore abandoned buildings, sewers and storm drains, transit tunnels, utility tunnels, high-security areas of inhabited buildings, and even catacombs such as those in Paris, Rome, Odessa and Naples. Although these urban explorers usually work solo or in small teams, they collectively put forth a ground cry against a modern culture that embraces the new, polished, uniform, and mundane. Urban explorers find the beauty: layers of graffiti by years worth of writers, multi-hued peeling paint, antique objects, someone's initials left in the dust on a broken stained glass window and physical manifestations of memory that abandoned, impermanent urban spaces can hold.
- 23. Worcester State Hospital - Urban Decay Photography
- 24. Cherry Knowle Hospital, Abandoned Urban Art
- 25. Urban Ruins : Purgatory @ Fort de la Chartreuse
- 26. Urban Decay : Nature Trails @ Coal Brook Breaker Power Station
- 27. Urban Exploration : The Outside World @ Sanitarium Joseph Lemaire
- 28. Urban Exploration : Winged Sentinel @ Eden Hall Chapel
- 29. Vintage @ Severalls Hospital, Urban Decay Photography
- 30. Abandoned Ypsilanti State Hospital - Beauty Of Urban Decay